We provide care for children aged 3 - 11 years that are clean and toilet trained. During the school holiday our holiday club at the Balham site opens each morning at 8:00am. We provide children that arrive before 9:00am with a breakfast and all the children are given a mid morning snack and afternoon tea, the children will also need to bring a packed lunch.
Each day the children follow planned, prepared fun activities.
Our holiday club is packed full of fun and includes trips out to many of London's museums, commons, parks, and adventure playgrounds and in the summer includes the seaside.
The club provides this all for one price with no additions.
We provide holiday care every School holiday apart from the Christmas period as the centre is shut.
Contact numbers for when children are out on trips: 075 1010 4807 / 079 7609 4062
February Activity Program
As an alternative to the planned breakfast menu we also provide every day a selection of cereals, toast, yoghurt or fresh fruit.
As an alternative to the planned afternoon tea menu we also provide cheese and crackers, yoghurt or fresh fruit. We cater for all children’s dietary needs and provide a non – meat alternative when requested.
Our Daily Schedule
The Club opens at 8am, each day on arrival you must register; a desk for this purpose is available at the entrance to the club. Children are greeted by one of our friendly workers and shown where to put their coats and bags. For children visiting for the first time they will be paired up with a buddy for the day in order for them to feel welcomed.
Breakfast is served between 8 – 9am, with a choice of toast, cereal, fruit, yogurt, plus an additional item from the daily menu.
The friendly and well-supervised club, ensure all new children feel welcomed by others by pairing them up with a buddy for the first day; this helps them to settle in very quickly.
The children are free to play or participate in a planned variety of activities, which include:
Imaginative, physical, and construction play.
Small groups to do story-telling, sewing and other crafts.
Workshops eg, art/crafts, cooking, sports and dance,
The club also provides outside play, all this adds up to a fun filled day.
On a day where the activities and workshops are club based children are given the choice to what they wish to participate in and their fun day begins.
On a day where the activities are club based we have three breaks: a mid morning snack, lunch which children need to bring (no glass bottles please), and afternoon tea.
Special dietary requirements can be accommodated so make sure you let us know on your registration forms (please see menu).
On a day out children have to be registered by 9am so we can ensure they get a full day of adventure. Safety is uppermost in our minds the following steps are taken at all times:
• All staff are qualified and experienced play workers who are trained in street and travel safety procedures
• We operate on a ratio’s of staff to children in line with Ofsted requirement of 1 to 8
• Each child wears a bright SOC hat to identify them from a distance
• Before each journey children are reminded of our code of practice with regard to outings
• A first aid kit is taken on every trip and all staff are trained in first aid
At the end of the day parents collect children from the registration desk before 6.30pm, if we are on a day out we endeavour to return on time. A late fine will be incurred for all children collected after 6.30pm.
The children have a fun filled and often energetic day, so it’s very important that parents include a minimum of two drinks in pack lunches especially when we are on day trips. We request that drinks are not in cartons but in screw top plastic bottles (NO GLASS), as this allow children to take a drink as and when needed, rather than having to drink a whole carton at once.
Drink water is available to children all day when we are based at the Centre.
Parents will need to supply a pack lunch each day. Please ensure that it’s in a suitable bag that can be carried by your child.
Don’t forget children need a well-balanced pack lunch as they need lots of energy to have a fun packed day.
We are sorry but due to the large number of children attending the club with nut allergies, we ask that parents do not include nuts or products containing nuts in children’s pack lunches.
Although we store lunches in a cool area we do not have refrigerators. We suggest that you either send your child’s lunch in a cooler bag/box or place an ice block inside their lunch box.
We would not recommend using any dairy products for their pack lunch.
Teatime is a pleasant social time with children sitting down to enjoy a daily snack of i.e. chicken salad wraps, fish-fingers and chips or soup and roll. In additional to the menu item, children can also choice from cheese and crackers, fresh fruit, and yogurt.
Children receive a drink with their tea, and drinking water is available all day when children want an additional drink.
With four choices available each day children are sure to find something they want to eat. The menu is arranged for each holiday and includes ideas from the children.
Special dietary requirements can be accommodated so make sure you let us know on your registration form.
A copy of our menu is included with the programme.
At the end of the day
Parents collect children from the registration desk before 6.30pm, if we are on a day out we usual endeavour to return by 6pm.
A late fine is issued for collection after 6.30pm.
A copy of the late fine is included in the registration pack.
Contact numbers for when children are out on trips: 075 1010 4807 / 079 7609 4062
Dressing Your Children for the Holiday Club
Please remember our programme includes lots of trips off site to parks and commons therefore:
Children need to be dressed in clothes that are comfortable and suitable for playing both inside and out doors.
Children need to wear footwear that is suitable for walking and physical activities.
No Wellington boots please.
A light coat/rain jacket just in case the weather changes.
Day Trips to the Beach
• Children will need to bring a change of clothes that are suitable for playing on the beach.
• If children are going to paddle they must have something to change into, either shorts with a t-shirt or a bathing costume.
• A towel will also be required by all children whether they are going into the water or not, as this will be used to sit on at lunch-time and to help remove the sand from them when we are getting dressed to come home.
• They will need to wear footwear that is suitable for walking.
• A light coat/ rain jacket just in case the weather changes.
Terms and conditions
1. All bookings require half of the total fee as a deposit and the remaining balance is then paid on your first day of attendance. To guarantee your child/children’s place you must make a deposit for that week.
2. You must fill in a registration form for each child before they attend the club. We will not under any circumstance allow your child to attend the club without doing so.
3. Your child/children’s places will not be confirmed until the deposit is received.
4. If you cancel any bookings after making a payment then we will not be able to return the deposit, which is half of the total fee for each week booked.
5. If you have made a full payment and decide to cancel your booking you must give 14 days notice before the first day of attendance. Half of the total fee will be returned.
6. You cannot use your total deposit to pay the next week’s fee (this refers to Easter and Summer holiday clubs as they are more than one week); you must pay what you owe for that week on the first day of attendance.
7. If you cancel your booking due to your child/children being sick we will transfer the deposit to the next holiday.
8. If you do not return this form before 3pm on Friday 18th October 2019 you will be charged an on the door fee of £40 on your first day of attendance and any other day without completing a booking form.
9. We can accept children from ages 3 - 11 but due to having no nappy changing facilities at the Centre we cannot accept children that have not been toilet trained.